Sunset

4:02 PM


I am far from perfect. Yet you accept me, tel quel.

Just hold me bit longer, whole. 
Feeble yet wild, this soul. 
Hear, for beat's marking pulse rate.

I do not know why I cry. Why eyes ache at night. Why ice thaws. Dry.

Forego, give, all that. May history not repeat. Learnt, haven't we. Catharsis, oasis.

Ready, steady. Spring, already.
New moon, soon. This connection, MAROON.

Tell me, what is more important than these, seize.
Flashing dots, bright. Here, you be aight.

Wish I can promise you. That damage control, not necessary. But words, they only compensatory.

Though, can I offer you another dance. Receiving one mo chance.

For I can only do my best, patching up mess. No bluff. Good nuff?

Your touch, nonesuch. In arms, be taking refuge.
Deep. Asleep.

Photography by Jason Doss.

You Might Also Like

Views

Translate